Friday, January 30, 2009

Home Day 5 - Hello It's Me................

Hi Everyone

I'm finally able to update my blog myself. My sister has done a great job keeping it up since I've been "out of commission". For those of you who know my sister and I, you know my sister Francy is much more responsible than I am - so don't expect an every day update as she has given. I have to admit I've always said I want to be just like her when I grow up - she's 12 years younger than me :0) - not possible. On a serious note, I can't begin to express how much it has meant to me to have her with me since I came home from the hospital. I feel no one could have taken better care of me. She'll be leaving on Sunday and I'll miss her so ..................

Every day I seem to get a little better. I was in more pain today when I woke up but I think that may have been due to trying to sleep in my own bed. I have a hospital bed in the living room and wanted to try my own bed for a night. I think I'm going to have to stay in the hospital bed for a while longer - lesson learned. I have cut back on my pain medication and am getting used to my "new" body. I kind of feel like the scarecrow from the "Wizard of Oz". I feel like I've been taken apart and put back together again. Remember the scene in Emerald City?

I'm more than blessed I had very talented and kind surgeons. I have very few incisions. God is good!!

My friend Karen and her son Mason came by today and introduced me to their new puppy. That was a bright spot in my day. I can't do anything right now - so it's always nice to have visitors. My friend Art brought Chinese food for dinner - I always enjoy my time with him.

It's so hard to express how much my friends and family have meant to me through all of this. I know I still have a long road ahead of me but know I can do it through faith and the love of the people around me. I get discouraged from time to time but NEVER enough to give up hope.

I know there's more I want to say - but I'm tired and it's time for my medication.

Thank you for loving me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment