Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Final Meeting with the Plastic Surgeon

I met with the Plastic Surgeon yesterday - Dr. Morrison - what a kind man. We finalized all of the paperwork for my surgery on the 20th. It all seems so surreal to me. Even though I have many friends surrounding me, sometimes I feel very alone -especially in the middle of the night. I never dreamed I would have to go through something like this without a spouse. Those of you who know me, know how much it meant to me to be married.

Oh well......that being said, I'm strong and have a wonderful support group of friends behind me. I'm not the best at reaching out - so thank you so much for reaching out to me. My family has also been a great support - especially my precious daughter. She is definitely the number one reason I want to fight this with everything I have. I'm very proud to be her mom.

Have a peaceful day!

ox mj

4 comments:

  1. Mary Jo you are an amazing mother and friend! AND Amanda is so supportive and loving to you! I am so happy you have her! We are here for you also...for whatever you need!
    Love you!
    Felisa, Jake, Garrett, and lil' Nicolas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary Jo! I know you're about to go through one of the biggest challenges of your life, but please know that you will not go through it alone. You have many people who love you and care about you, and we're all here to support you and help you get through this. We love you, and we're with you every step of the way. As the song says, Don't Stop Believin'!
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary Jo! We don't know each other, but I have received emails from Francy and have been keeping up with what has been going on, and keeping you in my prayers! My mother-in-law is a breast cancer survivor, so I can somewhat understand what you're going through. I have another song for you. It's a song that my sister forwarded on to me when I really needed it. Hopefully you will find some comfort in it as well. It's by Kari Jobe and the name of the song is "The More I Seek You." (you can find it on You Tube or order the cd from her web site www.karijobe.com) Hang in there and know that you're in good hands and you'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

    ~Tina Samson

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete