Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tour of Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana

I haven't updated this for a few days - so I'm going to cover the last 4 days.

On Thurs., January 8th I toured Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana. What a wonderful place for someone like me. They offer a lot of services for free that I would have to pay for otherwise. I can get anything from bandages and tape to wigs to wheelchairs etc. They're completely not for profit and I feel blessed to have been told about this resource. What a wonderful altruistic service they offer - one that is definitely needed by me. Touring the facility made the reality set in that I really do have cancer. I have to admit it was a difficult day for me - but at the same time it was a relief to know they can help me. It seems every day is another humbling experience for me.

I had a great day at work on Friday, January 9th. I signed a contract with a new client - so I felt like an asset to my employer. That's important to me. They've been good to me and I want to make every moment I can work count. After work I went out with friends who love me. That always lifts my spirits.

On Saturday, January 10th friends came over to help me take down my Christmas decorations. What a great help! Then that night my friend Sandra and I met to go over some details for the benefit she's planning for me. I honestly didn't know I had so many friends. I can't say enough how humbling it's to allow people to love me through this. That isn't easy for me.

Today, Sunday, January 11th I started my day by going to church. I love Pathway Community Church. The topic this month is "What would you do if you had 30 days to live?" That's a pretty heavy topic - but at the same time enlightening. The topic for the sermon was "Love Deeply". I think we all forget - from time to time - how very important it is to love expecting nothing in return - to love with our whole heart as God loves us. My favorite saying is - "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return." After church I went to lunch with my friend MJ who I know - without a doubt - loves me - good and bad.

So, I'm going to leave you with the assignment my pastor gave us today - Do an act of love this week for someone you love or for someone who would never expect it from you. I'll add this - do it more than once :0) I can't think of a better way to spend your week.

Blessings to you!

I love you!

Mary Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment