Sunday, February 1, 2009

Home Day 6 and 7 - God is Good!!!
















Hello,

Saturday, January 31st - a bittersweet day because I knew it was my last full day with my sister. She's anticipated my every need and has been great company. I'm so grateful she's been here this last week and has helped to get me to this point in my recovery.

My sister and I had a great day together. She gave me a pedicure - it was wonderful. We had time to visit and plan for the next week.

My friends Dave and Denise -along with Denise's daughters - Haylee and Kendra -stopped by to visit. It was great to see them. They've been my friends through a lot over the last couple of years.

My nephew Gage and brother-in-law Brian arrived in town around 3:30. What a pleasure it was to see them. We went to dinner at Cebolla's with my friend Art Bruce and his son Ashton Saturday evening (we missed Art's son Andrew). It was so nice to feel "human" enough to go out to dinner. It was painful to sit but worth it! It was a great evening. My friend Art brought a toy Bobcat bulldozer for my nephew - that was a big hit! I felt blessed to be able to be out of the house and spending time with those I love.

Sunday, February 1st - My sister went back to Illinois today. As I said before, I'm really going to miss her. It is through her help, the prayers of all who love me, and a very gracious God that I'm doing so well today.

I started my day by my nephew waking me up and wanting to play with his bulldozer - or skid loader - as he calls it. How much fun is that? I absolutely love being an aunt.

It was also hard to say goodbye to my nephew and brother-in-law. They both bring me great joy. My brother-in-law always says the simplest things that make me laugh or smile. My nephew Gage was quite fascinated by my stomach incision. I tried to explain, as well as you can to a 4 year old. I love that precious little boy.

My sister and her family left around 10:30 am. That is about the time my friend Sandra picked me up and took me to church. I can't begin to tell you how much it meant to be there. I love Pathway Community Church. I know that is definitely my home. I'm so blessed that God lead me to such a spirit filled congregation. That was one of the greatest highlights of my day. The music stayed with me all day. After church Sandra and I went to lunch. By the time we got home I have to admit I was exhausted. I may have overdid it - just a little.

I slept most of the afternoon. Around 5:00 my friend Christine and her daughter Alise came over and brought dinner for me. They brought homemade lasagna - it was delicious! We talked and watched the Superbowl game. They went home at halftime - it was past Christine's bedtime - lol. We had a great time. They are great friends. Once again, I'm blessed!!

It's been kind of a struggle tonight. I miss my sister and have some fear of being alone. I absolutely know I'm going to be ok - but sometimes it's a little difficult for me until I realize where I always get my strength - and that is from God.

I have a lot on my mind and some decisions to make about my personal relationships. Cancer has a way of helping you take a closer look at what is important in life. I've talked to my daughter and a friend. I'll pray and go to sleep with confidence knowing God will give me the strength to face tomorrow and make decisions based on what is best for me and those I love.

As I said at the beginning, God is good!!! I'll add more pictures to the blog tomorrow.

Peace :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment