Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's a New Week!! Mon.- Fri. - Feb. 2nd - Feb. 6th

Okay, okay, I'll update my blog :0). I've had several emails about wanting updates. I thought I might bore people - but I guess there are those "special people" who check every day. So - I will try to do better to get things updated.

I had a an appointment with my plastic surgeon, Dr. Morrison, on Monday , Feb. 2nd. I'm so blessed to have him for my plastic surgeon. As I've said before, not only is he talented but he's quite kind. He was very pleased with my progress. There's one spot on my right breast that hasn't developed the way he anticipated - but that can be taken care of with the final reconstruction after chemotherapy. He'll do liposuction from another part of my body - hopefully my "derriere"- and fill in the area of my breast - lol. My friend Denise took took me to my appointment and then we went out to lunch. That was my excitement for the day.

On Tuesday, Feb. 3rd I had an appointment with my oncologist. My friend Denise also took me to that appointment. I'm blessed to have her as my friend. The doctor went over the test results of my genetic testing. The results came back negative. That is very good news for my daughter and my sisters. I felt relieved to know I didn't carry the genetic mutation that would be passed on to my family.

Even though that was good news, it was hard to listen to the Dr. tell me again how they don't know what caused my cancer. The fact I have triple negative breast cancer means, as I've said before, they have to treat my cancer very aggressively - as if it is in my lymph nodes. There are no guarantees this course of treatment will be successful - but I'm believing for COMPLETE SUCCESS - GOD IS GOOD!! I will start chemotherapy on Feb. 20th - eight weeks of treatment every other week and then 12 weeks of treatment every week - a total of 20 weeks and 16 treatments. Oh well - that's not a big hill for a climber :0) " The strongest trees in the forest withstand the strongest winds". God is good! I think I'll look pretty sexy bald :0)

I'm tired - so I'll finish blogging the rest of the week tomorrow. As always, thank you for loving me! I cannot begin to express my love for you.

Good night and God bless.

Wednesday, Feb. 4th - A quiet day. My friend Trish came over to visit for the afternoon. I slept during most of her visit. I think I'm able to relax more when I have someone in the house with me. Thanks Trish for being there for me - your presence gave me comfort!

Thursday Feb. 5th - Another quiet day. Aside from the usual post surgery pain I've been feeling pretty good. My friend Art came over for a visit - which brightened my day.

Friday Feb. 6th - Today was a good day. My friend Karen came over and brought lunch for us from Casa's - one of my favorite places to eat. My friend Mary also joined us for lunch. It was a great visit. Friday night my friends Dave and Denise stopped by to visit. We ordered pizza, drank a few beers, and had another great visit. Once again, I'm blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment